WLIF/ SOUTHWEST VACATIONS MEXICAN CELEBRATION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Mexican Celebration promotion (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by WLIF (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on May 12, 2017 and ends on May 19, 2017.(the “Promotion Dates”).
- To enter the Promotion, listen to the Station each Friday during the Promotion Dates between the hours of 8:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and 4:00pm ET (the “Entry Period”) and listen for the first song played in the “8am commercial-free hour” (which may begin after 8:00am ET); the first song played in the 12:00 Noon hour and the first song played in the 4:00pm hour. Once the first song begins to play in the 4:00pm hour, the 10th caller to get through to the Station’s contest line at 410-823-1019 and correctly identify, in order, by title and artist, all three songs played that day, will be deemed that day’s Prize winner, upon confirmation of eligibility. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected, answers incorrectly or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line and provides the correct answer(s) will be a winner. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in, but a listener may be a Prize winner only once.
- Song order, title and artist will be deemed correct at the sole discretion of the Station.
- There will be up to a total of two (2) Prize winners selected in the Promotion.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air. The Station is not responsible for online streaming delays.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are legal U.S. residents 21 years of age or older and who reside in Maryland or York or Adams County, Pennsylvania. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Southwest Vacations, Mark Travel. On The Border, the Station, CBS Radio Inc., their corporate affiliates, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, participating sponsors, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and other radio stations in the Baltimore metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- For this contest only, persons can win regardless of their having won a prize from any CBS Radio/Baltimore station previously, with the exception that persons are eligible to win prize(s) valued at $600 or more only once every six (6) months. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted promotion. Winner may not have won a prize from any of the Mark Travel Corporation business units including but not limited to Funjet Vacations, Southwest Vacations and United Vacations consumer promotions in the last twelve months.
- Each winner will be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Two (2) Prizes will be awarded. The Prize consists of one Cancun vacation for winner and one (1) guest (both ages 21+), including roundtrip air from BWI to Cancun, one hotel room (standard, double occupancy) for four (4) nights at the all-inclusive RIU Cancun, and R/T ground transportation from the Cancun airport to/from resort.
Airfare voucher(s) valid for two people (winner and one guest 21 and older) to Cancun from BWI. Valid travel dates are June 1-27, 2017; July 9 – November 22, 2017; December 1-15, 2017; January 8 – February 13, 2018; and April 3 – May 24, 2018. Blackout dates will apply. All travel is based on availability. Winner and guest will need valid Passport for travel to international destinations. If Passport is not in hand by time of travel, there will be no refunds nor extensions. Winner is responsible for any charges incurred for any winner’s name change(s) or trip cancellations. Trips are nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. Should either the hotel or destination be dropped from the SWAV product line prior to booking, SWAV shall have the right to substitute a comparable hotel or destination.
As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department’s consular website http://www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website http://www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree.
Southwest Vacations will provide an official “Congratulations Letter” to the winner in order to redeem his/her vacation getaway. ” The winner will 1) complete the form including signing a waiver and release and then 2) send the letter directly to SWAV to reserve travel dates. Southwest Vacations’ standard terms and conditions apply. Letters are processed in the order of requested travel dates; therefore Prize winner may not receive confirmation immediately after sending in the letter.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize(s) is $2,400.00. Actual value may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Travel arrangements must be made through the Station or its designee. Prize(s) is subject to availability. If the winner cannot travel on date(s) specified by the Station, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) at the Station’s sole discretion. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and ground transportation to/from the BWI airport, are the responsibility of the winner. Travel must be round trip. Station will determine itinerary and airline, if applicable, in its sole discretion. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. Airline regulations apply. If applicable, the winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. The winner and guest must sign a Publicity, Liability Waiver and Travel Release form prior to traveling. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s). No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within ten (10) days of winning. Unless otherwise specified or required by law, if a prize is not claimed no alternate winner will be selected and the prize will become the property of the Station. The Station may opt to deliver the prize to the winner by mail or overnight courier solely at its discretion. In the event that the Station delivers the prize to the winner by mail or courier with the winner’s consent, the winner assumes the risk of the prize’s loss, damage or delay.
- Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- One (1) Prize winner will be selected on May 12, 2017 at approximately 4:00pm ET and One (1) Prize winner will be selected on May 19, 2017 at approximately 4:00pm ET.
- Odds of winning the Prize depend in part on the number and order of calls received.
- Entrants must listen to the Station to win.
- Potential prize winner(s) will be notified at the time of his/her winning call. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential winner(s) will be required to respond to such notification attempt and execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release within ten (10) days of such notification or notification attempt or prize(s) will be forfeited. If a potential winner(s) is deemed ineligible for any reason, cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s). The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any changes in an entrant or winner’s email address, phone number, mailing address or other contact information.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection or equipment malfunctions or any other technological problems or failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s or its Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or (ii) is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s).
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt by May 19, 2017 to WLIF Mexican Celebration Contest– Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WLIF, 1423 Clarkview Road, Suite 100, Baltimore, MD 21209. For the names of the prize winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt by July 19, 2017 to the above address marked Mexican Celebration Contest – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at http://www.Todays1019.com.
Administrator: WLIF Radio, 1423 Clarkview Road, Baltimore, MD 21209
Sponsor: Mark Travel Corporation, 8907 N. Port Washington Road, Bayside, WI, 53217