The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only, and will be governed by United States laws. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not eligible or not currently located in the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
WLIF WIN A TRIP TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT CONTEST (SEPT 2017)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING. DUE TO THE HURRICANE IN FLORIDA, THESE RULES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED AND THE FINAL DATE OF THE CONTEST HAS BEEN CHANGED TO FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the WLIF Win a Trip to Universal Orlando Resort promotion (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by WLIF (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on Friday, September 8, 2017 and ends on Friday, September 22, 2017 (the “Promotion Dates”).
- To enter the Promotion entrant may enter by phone between 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and 7:00 p.m. ET on Friday, September 8, 2017, on Friday, September 15, 2017, and on Friday, September 22, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, listen to the Station each Friday during the Promotion Dates at 7:20 a.m. ET for the announcement of that Friday’s Universal Orlando Resort Code Word (“Word”). Each Friday in the Entry Period will have a unique Word. Then listen to the Station later that day between the hours of 2:00 p.m. ET and 7:00 p.m. ET for the announcement of the cue to call. Upon hearing the cue to call, the tenth (10th) caller to get through to the Station contest line at 410-823-1019 will win the Grand Prize by correctly stating the Word, upon confirmation of eligibility. The Station will be the sole judge in determining whether the caller correctly stated that day’s Word. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected, incorrectly states that day’s Word, or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line, correctly states that day’s Word, and completes the call will be a Qualifying Prize winner. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a Qualifying Prize winner only once.
- There will be up to a total of up to three (3) Grand Prize winners selected in the Promotion.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air. The Station is not responsible for online streaming delays of any nature.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who reside in Maryland or York County or Adams County, Pennsylvania. Void everywhere else and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal Orlando”), the Station, CBS Radio Inc., each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, the Station’s advertising and promotion agencies, and participating sponsors or prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and other radio stations in the Station’s market, the members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects, and entrant agrees to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
- For this Promotion only, listeners may enter and win regardless of whether they or anyone in their household have recently won a prize valued at less than $600 in any CBS Radio/Baltimore contest. Listeners are eligible to win a prize valued at $600 or more only once every six months. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted promotion.
- The winner(s) may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded in this Promotion. Each Grand Prize is a 4-day/3-night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to Universal Orlando Resort in Florida. Each trip will include: round trip economy class air transportation for Grand Prize winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Grand Prize winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort or at another on-site hotel (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3-Day 3-Park Park-to-Park theme park tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and Universal’s Volcano Bay for Winner and up to three (3) Guests; and admission to one (1) performance at Blue Man Group (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) for Winner and up to three (3) Guests. The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of each Grand Prize is Three Thousand Seven Hundred Eighteen and 57/100 Dollars ($3,718.57).
- Each trip must be completed within one (1) year from September 22nd, 2017 or Prize will be forfeited. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal Orlando and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Grand Prize winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Grand Prize with fewer than three (3) guests or no guest, the Grand Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. FMV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Universal Orlando.
- Actual value may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Certain travel and hotel restrictions may apply. If the Grand Prize winner(s) cannot travel on date(s) approved by Universal Orlando, the Grand Prize winner may be disqualified, and an alternate Grand Prize winner(s) may be selected (time permitting) at the Station’s sole discretion. All other costs not specifically stated herein are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Travel must be round trip. The Grand Prize winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. Airline regulations apply. If applicable, the Grand Prize winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the Grand Prize winner’s stay. The Grand Prize winner and guest(s) must sign a Publicity, Liability Waiver and Travel Release form prior to traveling. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the Grand Prize winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the Grand Prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the Grand Prize(s). No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The Station and/or venue, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to deny entry to or to remove the Grand Prize winner and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any prize-related event.
- Vacation Package, Vacation Package components and Tickets may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. The Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Grand Prize(s). The Grand Prize(s) is awarded as is. Any certificates/vouchers/tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the certificates/vouchers/tickets. Certificates/vouchers/tickets valid only on the date(s) printed on the certificates/vouchers/tickets. Certificates/vouchers/tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will certificates/vouchers/tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Certificates/vouchers/tickets may not be sold to a third party.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within fifteen (15) days of winning. Unless otherwise specified or required by law, if a prize is not claimed no alternate winner will be selected and the prize will become the property of the Station. The Station may opt to deliver the prize to the winner by mail or overnight courier solely at its discretion. In the event that the Station delivers the prize to the winner by mail or courier with the winner’s consent, the winner assumes the risk of the prize’s loss, damage or delay.
- Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station or prize provider (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). The Prize(s) is provided as is. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Up to three (3) potential Grand Prize winners will be selected – one (1) on Friday, September 8, 2017, one (1) on Friday, September 15, 2017, and one (1) on Friday, September 22, 2017, between 2:00 p.m. and6:00 p.m. ET as set forth above.
- Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend in part on the number and order of calls received.
- Entrants must listen to the Station to win but do not need to be present to win.
- Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. The Qualifying Prize winners and the Grand Prize winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within fifteen (15) days of winning or Qualifying Prize(s) and Grand Prize(s) will be forfeited and no alternate Qualifying Prize winner will be selected but an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected (time permitting) in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible Qualifying Prize winners. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s).
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner(s), unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, unsuccessful, or late entries or notifications; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone or text message service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection or equipment malfunctions or any other technological problems or failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s or its Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or (ii) is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s). If any provision of these Official Rules is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision set forth on the Contest webpage, then the provision of these Official Rules will prevail but solely to the extent of the inconsistency.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; provided, however, that claims for bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage arising out of the redemption, use or misuse of the prize or portion thereof must be submitted to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of Florida, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt by the first business day following the end of the Promotion Dates to “WLIF Universal Orlando Contest – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WLIF, 1423 Clarkview Road, Suite 100, Baltimore, Maryland 21209. For the names of the prize winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt within 60 days following the end of the Promotion Dates to the above address marked “WLIF Universal Orlando Contest – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at Todays1019.com.
Administrator/Sponsor: WLIF, 1423 Clarkview Road, Suite 100, Baltimore, MD 21209.
Prize Provider: Universal Orlando, 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, Florida 32819, is a prize provider only in this Promotion; is not a sponsor of this Promotion, and is not responsible for the administration of the Promotion, the collection of the entries or the selection of the winners.